Sunday, March 18, 2007

Room Recreation Final

Here is the latest assignment i just finished up for Digital Lighting,Texturing and Rendering Class (mouthful). The assignment was to pick a real life image with interesting lighting and attempt to mimic it as best as possible. I chose this image because of its soft lighting and its complete contrast in feel and setting to my previous assignment (still life). I feel happy with it for the most part but i do feel some of my control was limited - this was the first time i attempted the use of Mental Ray and it felt a little different, but definitely good to mess with.

Here she be...

7 comments:

M. Dinardi said...

Very successful. Fun to pick out the tiny differences. Yours looks better than the real thing!

chatree said...

nice job, looks almost exact as photo. from a distance i couldn't tell which is which. did you used maya? keep up the good work. Mental and Vray rocks.

SeanC said...

Thanks Chatree! Yes i used Maya 7 to do this and a little photoshop to enhance some of the shadows under the table. And yes, Mental Ray does rock!

CrystalMMO said...

Looks great! You picked a nice image.. It's simple, but still bright and appealing. What did you use to recreate the decorative "sticks" in the background?

SeanC said...

Ised a paint effect, converted to geometry. I then deleted their shader and built one that was more suited for my scene.

Laura T said...

Very nice lighting, I think that is the strongest element. I hope it makes it in gallery!

BidDog007 said...

Very scary how real this looks; when's dinner? - Vicky